Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Sew perfectly not perfect...

What a beautiful day to stay in and sew.
It snowed all day long.....
On Jan 1st. (my birthday) I started cutting, cutting and cutting until I had enough little 5x5 squares for the top layer of my quilt. And, of course, I used my Amy Butler scrapes.
This will look great in the store for the trunk show.


I've had the top piece done and have been trying to figure out what to do with the back. I wanted to use a vintage blanket to really mix the vintage meets modern theme.


I ended up using a cotton/ chennile piece but decided it needed a little more excitment. I added the dots for fun. It looks pretty good but it turned out to be a huge pain.

And I have to say....it's definately not perfect but it's just right for me. It was fun and I didn't stress over making it perfect. I just don't like to ruin a project worrying about perfection.



I love it..... Maybe we can add this to our class list.
It really is not hard once you see how it's done. ~karla



1 comment:

McMaster & Storm said...

Hello girls, you have a blog..love it!
Wishing you all the best in 2009!
Love,
Kara & darcy