Friday, December 5, 2008

More work at the kitchen table

Okay, we really do use the kitchen table for homework and meals but while the kids are at school, I make a huge mess and work on my projects.

These are my little bubble resin charms that I make for the store. This time I concentrated on letters and numbers and I did another batch of pretty papers. They turned out great. They look really good clustered together on a ball chain necklace. And, of couse, I have 18" chains available at the store for just that purpose. On my necklace I have an M for MacKenzie, a J for Jake and an S for Sam.....and I added a little pretty colorful charm for fun.

I use this mold and resin to create the little bubbles. I need to get a few more molds. They take almost an entire day to harden, so I have to wait quite a while before I can make another batch. I go through all my vintage books and cut out whatever looks interesting to me. It's a fun activity that is always more fun while I watch a good movie.

I'm hoping you'll be seeing some more fun work soon by my "silent" partners, Judith and Beth.
They also have a lot of fun things to share ~karla


No comments: