Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Gardening How-To's






"Plant" your own flowers in unusual places and enjoy the rewards.




These soda cans were found at the Asian supermarket. So many beautiful finds in unexpected places. And when I started looking....I found that my local grocery store also has unique cans. Just start looking.


I used tin snips to cut off the top and bottom of the can, but was able to use regular scissors to cut the flower shapes. The cans are easy to cut and you will have more control with scissors.




Use a pen to sketch some simple flower shapes, circles for centers and leaves.
That's it....cut and attach to anything.
I used old tacks from another project to attach to the frame.


They look great layered together.



And, of course, my kids like the soda.
yuk..too surgary!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love it....what a great way to make the ordinary special!!