Sunday, February 8, 2009

On your mark, get set....sew


After a crash course (again) with my partner Karla,
I decided to make my first pillow.
Cutting,
Ironing,
Pinning....got it.



trim from Sew to Speak....got it
Help and excitement from Mr. Biggelsworth ....
not "sew" much.

Lucy is so nervous, she can hardly watch.

And we have my first throw pillow!
Don't look too close or you'll see my flaws.
An emergency phone call to Karla and she explains that, yes there is a problem, but it can be fixed. (I need to invest in a seam ripper quick)



Whew...sweat on my brow. This sewing stuff is pretty intense.
But I'm on my way.
When I grow up, I want to be Karla then Amy Butler, then I will rule....
But until then, you can find me and my perfectly imperfect pillow @ my favorite place to be and create, Bloomsbury Loft

See you Thursday February 12th at the open house.
Keep sewing or get started soon.
You'll love it! ~beth

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beth - please come re-do my house!

:-)

ysf

Anonymous said...

Love the pics of your pets!!!